Kirtan is the calling, the crying, the reaching across infinite space and digging into the heart’s deepest well to touch and be touched by the Divine Presence, teaches world music pioneer Jai Uttal. OnKirtan! The Art and Practice of Ecstatic Chant, Jai guides listeners through the practice of Kirtan singing the many names of God and Goddess an essential part of Bhakti yoga, or the yoga of devotion. This sacred music form is for all people; there are no experts, nor beginners, and the practice itself is the teacher, guiding us to ourselves.
Listeners join Jai Uttal to explore:
- The power of ancient Sanskrit syllables in chant to invoke the Divine
- How to open the voice and learn to love the sound that comes from our bodies
- More than two hours of music recorded by Jai Uttal to commune with the Divine through sacred chant
- The path of Bhakti and Kirtan, the journey of surrender, and much more
For Jai Uttal’s many fans, finally here is a chance not only to hear a new release from this legendary world music artist, but to participate with him in blissful spiritual devotion on Kirtan! The Art and Practice of Ecstatic Chant.
- Contents: 2 CD ‘s ( 2 hours, 30 minutes )
- Dimensions: 5.75 x 5.00 in