Manduka’s legendary “The Black Mat” (formerly known as Black Mat or Black Mat PRO) is celebrating 15 years as the world’s finest yoga mat. There is a reason The Black Mat PRO inspires such passion in its users—this denser, thick yoga mat has unparalleled comfort and cushioning. With the superior non-slip fabric-like finish you expect from high-performance yoga mats, and simple, elegant design, The Black Mat PRO will revolutionize your practice. When you want the very best yoga mat, the mat chosen first by yoga teachers throughout the world, there really is only one choice–The Black Mat, for your practice and for our world.
• 7.0 lbs; 71″ long; 26″ wide; 1/4″ thick (6 mm) or 9.0 lbs; 85″ long; 26″ wide; 1/4″ thick (6 mm)
• Great for Hot Yoga
• Zero-waste, sustainable yoga mat
• Superior wear and longevity, reducing consumption and landfill waste
• Comfortably cushions spine, hips, knees, and elbows on hard floors
• Slip resistant, yet non-sticky, even when wet from light perspiration
• Provides stability on hard or soft surfaces
• Oeko-Tex certified, emissions-free manufacturing
• 100% latex free, and safe to use for people with latex sensitivities
High Density Cushion for unparalleled experience, joint protection, and versatility on any surface (carpet, cement, hardwood floors).
Closed-Cell Surface keeps out moisture (sweat) from seeping into the mat and breeding bacteria. Proprietary Dot-Pattern Bottom to resist sliding. Engineered for Sustainability: High quality material will not peel, flake or fade; Lifetime guarantee against wear & tear; Improves with use.
To Break In: The surface texture of The Black Mat PRO improves with use. Our customers have found that the best way to “break in” their mat is to use it on a daily basis. Another trick is to sprinkle coarse sea salt over your mat, use just a spritz of water or dampen with a cloth, scrub it down with a stiff scrub brush, and air dry in the sunshine.
To Clean: We recommend using Manduka Mat Renew or any non-solvent household cleaner and a damp cloth or sponge. Hang to dry in the sunshine. DO NOT clean your mat with a garden hose, put in the bathtub or shower, put it in the washing machine, or use a vacuum cleaner-it may break the machine and ruin your mat!