This pleated round Zafu cushion, traditionally associated with Zen meditation is filled with your choice of buckwheat hulls or kapok. Kapok, a plant fiber, will not lump or mat like cotton and is more resilient. Kapok provides firm support, while buckwheat hulls conform to the shape of your body. The air pockets between the buckwheat hulls permit airflow to keep you cool. The Zafu has a convenient handle for toting, ideal for the mobile meditator. The zipper under the pleat opposite the handle of the buckwheat-filled cushion allows you to adjust the amount of buckwheat to suit your preference for firmness.
The Zabuton that comes with this set is a perfect accompaniment to any of our cushions. Protecting the knees and feet on hard surfaces and insulating the body from cold surfaces. This Deluxe version of Zabuton has a 100% cotton twill zippered slipcover that can be removed for cool water washing. The tufted inner mat of the cushion is cotton muslin.
- Zabuton Size: 36″ x 28″ plus 3 inches of cotton batting inside
- Zabuton Weight: 8 lbs.
- Zafu Size: 14″ diameter by 7″ high
- Zafu Weight: Buckwheat filled weighs approx. 5lbs. Kapok filled weighs approximately 3lbs.
- Care: Machine wash cold.
- Filled with natural, biodegradable filling
- Adjustable firmness
- Carrying handle on the Zafu cushion